Friday, May 13, 2016

and more! pregnancy products



Happy Friday everyone! To continue the theme of skincare products from earlier this week, I'll dedicate another post on pregnancy skincare.  See below for other daily and non-daily skincare products I use!

1. Suncreen - hubby and I recently went to Kauai for our babymoon, and I needed to find pregnancy-safe sunscreen.  I ended up going with Coppertone Water Babies Pure and Simple Sunscreen.  As I mentioned in the other post, there are a few sunscreen chemicals that aren't safe for mamas-to-be.  This particular sunscreen's main active ingredient is zinc oxide (mineral based).  Also, I figured since it's safe for babies, it should be safe for babies still in the oven, right? :)

2. Bug spray - with all the crazy diseases being spread from mosquitoes, I also wanted to use a bug spray for my trip to Kauai.  I went with Cutter Backwoods Insect Repellent.  It worked great and I got bit maybe once on the trip (and trust me, once is amazing.. I'm always a magnet for bug bites!).

3. Mosquito repellant bracelet - just to be double-sure I wouldn't get bit, I also wore this bracelet on my trip.  It has a strong citrus scent which could be overwhelming sometimes, but worked great in conjunction with the bug spray. 

4. Body wash - for my wash, I also switched to a product that was more natural and paraben free.  I started using Method Body Wash Olive Leaf and love it.  It smells great and leaves my skin feeling soft!  I also use Method products for household cleaning items.

5. Body lotion - love the CeraVe Moisturizing Cream! It's gentle and doesn't have a fragrance which is great for my sensitive pregnancy nose.  Moisturizes, absorbs quickly, and leaves my skin soft!

6. Dry shampoo - I use dry shampoo between washes, and since it's a product I apply directly to the roots of my hair, I wanted to find something that contained better ingredients than the one I was previously using.  I started using Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk.  It's pricey, but works pretty well and is sulfate and paraben free.

1 comment: